Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tabla Flavours ( Foster City ) :
Hmmm ...Nice ! Really nice !!!

I first heard of "Tabla..." when I heard people discussing something about free lunch ! Yup , these guys served free lunch for the first 2-3 days . I thought that was a good way for the restaurant to flaunt their wares and for me to get a free lunch ! Alas , the lunch was free and worth every penny that it costed !

A few weeks later , I decided to give this place a second try just because its the closed to where I live. And was the food different this time !

We ordered a whole variety of dishes on our table . Lamb Kababs , Chicken wraps , Idli Wadas and Masala Dosa etc. Our table was filled with North AND South Indian dishes .

Those lamb kebabs were absolutely great . Might not be as great as Shalimar's , but certainly better than every other place that I have eaten them. The chicken wrap was just awesome. The vegeterians who had ordered the idlis and the dosas , were also equally appretiative of their own dishes.

All in all , how often can you get to a restaurant where the dosas are among the best in the Bay Area and so are the Tandoori dishes ?! I can't think of any other such place . It was an eye-opening experience for us .

Bottom Line : "Tabla Flavors" in Foster City is definitly among the best Indian eating joints in the San Francisco Bay Area.


No comments: